Charles Owen Halo MIPS Matte Black/Matte Black Helmet
- In celebration of their 110th anniversary, Charles Owen has introduced their next-generation performance riding helmet, the Halo.
- This stunning addition to the Charles Owen performance range is a true statement in the show ring thanks to it's exquisite design and true innovation in technology.
- Comfort is prioritized with the unique 360° ventilation system under the halo ring, as well as additional ventilation on the crown.
- The unique, sustainably sourced leather Halo lattice harness has been designed to grip the occipital bone at the base of the skull, and self-adjusts to give a snug and secure fit for your ride.
- The Halo, with MIPS technology, provides unrivaled safety, meeting three international safety standards (including PAS0150).
- MIPS, founded in 1996 by a neurosurgeon, is designed to add protection against rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
- Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increase the risk for minor and severe brain injuries.
- MIPS added protection system has been proven to reduce rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain.
- The Halo features slim, low-profile styling, a Flexzone peak with luxury underside padding, anti-microbial lining infused with silver ions, and a premium metallic buckle.
- The luxury padded headband provides padded neck support and is washable.
- Made in the UK.
if you are in the Raleigh, NC area, we would be happy to do a professional helmet fitting.