Charles Owen My PSWide Peak Helmet
- The Charles Owen My PS Helmet incorporates MIPS technology into a stylish wide peak helmet that is unique in the industry as it offers three certifications to three international equestrian standards: SEI certification to ASTM F1163-15, Kitemarks to VG1 01-040 2014-12 and PAS015:2011, and a CE mark to VG1 01-040 2014-12.
- MIPS, founded in 1996 by a neurosurgeon, is designed to add protection against rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
- Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increase the risk for minor and severe brain injuries.
- MIPS’ added protection system has been proven to reduce rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain.
- With the outershell made of ABS plastic, riders have the elegant look of a wide peak helmet that shades the face and upper neck from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Ten ventilation slots, a removable headband, a deep fit and a six-point leather look harness help to tick all the boxes of a truly modern, innovative riding helmet that also functions as a sun shade.
- Charles Owen has embraced MIPS technology as a way to ‘top up’ the safety in their already triple-tested, triple-certified helmets.
- The adoption of MIPS provides further protection to reduce brain shear in riding accidents involving falls at speed.