Charles Owen My PS MIPS Wide Peak Helmet
- The Charles Owen My PS Wide Peak Helmet incorporates MIPS technology into a stylish wide peak helmet that is unique in the industry as it offers three certifications to three international equestrian standards: SEI certification to ASTM F1163-15, Kitemarks to VG1 01-040 2014-12 and PAS015:2011, and a CE mark to VG1 01-040 2014-12.
- MIPS, founded in 1996 by a neurosurgeon, is designed to add protection against rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
- Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increase the risk for minor and severe brain injuries.
- MIPS’ added protection system has been proven to reduce rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain.
- With the outershell made of ABS plastic, riders have the elegant look of a wide peak helmet that shades the face and upper neck from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Ten ventilation slots, a removable headband, a deep fit and a six-point leather look harness help to tick all the boxes of a truly modern, innovative riding helmet that also functions as a sun shade.
- Charles Owen has embraced MIPS technology as a way to ‘top up’ the safety in their already triple-tested, triple-certified helmets.
- The adoption of MIPS provides further protection to reduce brain shear in riding accidents involving falls at speed.
If you are in the Raleigh, NC area, we would be happy to do a professional helmet fitting.