Fairfax Performance Standard Short Event Girth
The Fairfax Performance Girth is the first girth whose development is based on scientific research and is the only girth to have been tested with and developed in conjunction with the BEF World Class Programme.
The Performance Girth has been proven to improve the horse's performance by dramatically reducing pressure (up to 82%), significantly increasing range of movement (up to 33% in forelimb protraction compared to the horse’s normal girth and eliminating gait asymmetry.
The Performance Girth is also the only girth to be tested using pressure mapping (by Pilance) and gait analysis (by Centuar Biomechanics).
The Performance Girth was considered to be "Team GBR's Secret Weapon" for the 2012 London Summer Olympics because it was believe to give Team GBR an added advantage!
- The Performance Standard Short Event Girth is lined with Prolite® to distribute pressure, absorb impact and prevent rubbing.
- New construction methods allows the Prolite® edge "to float" so the horse's muscles can move underneath rather than bang against.
- The combination of the contour and the cushioning creates a buffer zone and prevents a "hard" edge.
- The Performance Standard Short Event Girth is contoured to avoid the sensitive area behind the elbow.
- A central ring and buckle allow for martingales or breastplates to be attached to the Standard Short Event Girth.
- This girth is suitable for dressage or monoflap jump & general purpose (all purpose) saddles
- Constructed from the finest English leather.
- Developed, designed and handmade in Walsall, England.
Care & Cleaning:
- When not in use, detach the girth and lay it on top of the saddle to maintain its natural curvature.
- Use warm water to sponge away sweat and dirt after EVERY use. A mild detergent can be added to the water.
IMPORTANT! The soft hide leather used on the girth to provide the ultimate comfort for your horse can become damaged by sweat, causing it to become hard and cracked. Removing the sweat after every use will prolong the lifespan and maintain the softness of your Performance Girth.
- Dry as thoroughly as possible using a clean towel.
- When dry, apply Rapide Leathergel to all surfaces and rub in with a soft, clean cloth.
- Avoid all glycerine and oil based cleaners and feeders.
- Wait until the leather is thoroughly dry before applying any treatment.
- Allow leather to dry naturally.
Do NOT place on radiators, Aga, hot pipes etc.
- Never use wet tack.