- Keratex Hoof Putty is excellent for repairing holes in the soles of a horse’s feet, thus enabling the owner to turn out with confidence after the cavity has been filled.
- Hoof Putty is particularly useful when a horse is recovering from an abscess, puncture or hoof separation.
- Hoof Putty can be used to plug a small, uninfected puncture hole after thoroughly disinfecting the area, allowing you to turn out straight away when a poultice is not required
- Hoof Putty can also be used to plug a puncture or hole left behind after an abscess has been cleared and drained, after thoroughly disinfecting the area, when a poultice is required, allowing you to turn out with confidence after the poultice has been removed
- Farriers often use Hoof Putty an additional shock absorber and comforter when used between the lily pad and frog in ponies with spring grass related problems.
- To use, simply mold the adhesive putty in clean hands and press into the cavity until you have a dense plug for best results.
- Keratex Hoof Putty is a semi-permanent wax that seals and stabilizes hoof separation, plus it prevents grit, mud and debris getting jammed up into the hole and damaging the recovery process. The adhesive filling mixture also disinfects making it the perfect aid to recovery after punctures, abscesses and cavities.
- Please note that Putty will be hard while in the tin but will soften in your hands as you mould the shape you require.
- Keratex Hoof Putty is allowed by the Jockey Club and the FEI.