EquiFit Essential BitTape
EquiFit Essential BitTape
EquiFit Essential BitTape is adiscreet & comfortable silicone wrap to help prevent bit pinching & create a gentle feel that horses love. Essential BitTape is a new approach to a long-trusted training aid.
Versatile & Easy to Use
Designed for multiple uses depending on application & style of bit
Softens the bit for sensitive horses
Alternative to Bit Guards
Helps prevent pinching
Aids in Bit Repair
Creates a smooth surface on chewed up bits
Easy to Use
Cut to your preferred length
- Secure Storage
Resealable plastic bag keeps out dirt, air & moisture
Regular & Wide Size Options
Regular size is 1” (2.5 cm) W x 120” (304.8 cm) L, Wide size is 2” (5.08 cm) W x 48” (121.9 cm) L
Directions for Use
- Start with a clean & dry workspace to ensure proper adherence.
- Cut your desired length of BitTape. The average horse bit takes approx. 6-12", but this can vary with application or size of bit.
- Gently pre-stretch the BitTape material.
- Place the starting edge on the front of the bit to avoid creating a bump against the horse's tongue.
- Overlap the BitTape approx. 50% onto itself as your wrap.
Once wrapped, squeeze the material firmly to ensure proper adhesion.
- If you see signs of wear or BitTape begins to loosen, cut it off, discard & re-wrap the bit with new material.
Tips & Tricks
- Take your time! Once BitTape has adhered to itself, you will not be able to unwrap & re-use material.
- For best results, apply the minimum number of layers required (over-wrapping may reduce durability).
- Do not leave horses unattended with a wrapped bit in their mouth for an extended period of time.
- BitTape will generally last multiple rides, depending on the efficacy of application, the number of layers applied, the style of bit, how much the horse chews & other factors.
- Intended for single-use application.
- Store the unused portion of the BitTape roll back in its sealed bag to protect from dirt, air & moisture.
- Check with your competitive organization(s) before use during competition
- Materials: 85%-95% methyl vinyl silicone (silicone rubber compound) & 5-15% proprietary additives.
- Not hazardous under OSHA or WHMIS criteria.
- FDA compliant to §177.2600, CFR 21 “Rubber Articles for Intended for Repeated Use”.
- BitTape has not been evaluated for long term use with horses.
M & M Tack Shop, Serving Horses and Their People Since 1991
Our philosophy is to include an educational componenet to guide horse owners and riders of varying disciplines to make good choices in selecting tack, boots, helmets, equestrian clothing & horse health care. With the safety and heath of both horse and rider in mind, we also offer saddle, bridle and helmet fittings.