Charles Owen My PS with MIPS Helmet
- The Charles Owen My PS Helmet incorporates MIPS technology into a stylish helmet that is unique in the industry as it offers three certifications to three international equestrian standards: SEI certification to ASTM F1163-15, Kitemarks to VG1 01-040 2014-12 and PAS015:2011, and a CE mark to VG1 01-040 2014-12.
- MIPS, founded in 1996 by a neurosurgeon, is designed to add protection against rotational motion (or kinematics) transmitted to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
- Rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) and rotational forces from angular acceleration that both affect the brain and increase the risk for minor and severe brain injuries.
- MIPS’ added protection system has been proven to reduce rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by redirecting energies and forces otherwise transmitted to the brain.
- With an outershell made of ABS plastic, the My PS gives riders the elegant look of a Charles Owen helmet infused with modern style and a deep fit.
- Ten ventilation slots, a removable headband and six-point leather look harness help to tick all the boxes of a truly modern, innovative riding helmet.
- Charles Owen has embraced MIPS technology as a way to ‘top up’ the safety in their already triple-tested, triple-certified helmets.
- The adoption of MIPS provides further protection to reduce brain shear in riding accidents involving falls at speed.
If you are in the Raleigh, NC area, we would be happy to do a professional helmet fitting.